Thursday, July 19, 2012

The STURGIS COUNTDOWN IS ON!!! In two weeks, I'll be South Dakota-bound for the annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. It's a town of like 3, 000 people that balloons to 700, 000+ during the two weeks of the rally. So accommodations are tight. And expensive. Which is why you have to get creative.

Residents in the area rent out rooms in their homes, their backyards for camping...and in our case, their motorhomes (parked in their driveway).

So I had to send a deposit for the motorhome but wasn't able to do a money transfer. I asked the gentleman if I could just send him a cheque instead. His reply?

"You're Canadian, you seem trustworthy."

My reply?

"Thanks, eh!"
Do you know my friends Bob and Doug? They're from Canada.
Yay! for stereotypes!

What's your fave Canadian stereotype?

Sidenote: I am trustworthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment