Monday, February 7, 2011

The "Cone of Shame"

Do you like that title? Funny, isn't it??

OK, I confess, I heard the term from some of our Facebook Friends, so I stole it. But it's true. I think he really does feel shame.


On Friday my dog, Charlie, had to go in for ear surgery. And since then, he's rockin' a couple extra accessories; including an all-around-the-head bandage that's taping his one ear up, and the dreaded cone.

There was no laughing at it in the first couple days. He already feels self-conscious enough. I didn’t want to make it worse and laugh at him. So I stifled my giggles and went on as if nothing were different.

But as Sunday rolled around, and he was in higher spirits and feeling better, I let a laugh go. I'm not a monster. You would have laughed, too. He couldn't get through my bedroom doorway because the cone kept getting him stuck. It took about 4 attempts. And that’s when I broke down and finally laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment