Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It's like riding a bike...I hope

You know what really sucks? When you learn something, then stop practicing it, and eventually forget the basics. Example? Me taking guitar lessons several years ago. Love, love, loved it! And then at the end of the year (on the last lesson before summer break) my instructor asked me out. It was super awkward and I never went back to him after the break. It was just too uncomfortable.

So now my guitar is collecting dust. Well it WAS collecting dust. Until last night. I've been thinking about picking it up for a while now. I love the guitar, and to have learned something and then forgot it is too sad for me. Plus, my BF loves to play, so it would be a great way for us to bond. And let's be honest. I watch too much TV...so doing anything that doesn't involve The Jersey Shore is a wonderful thing.

The fact that I'm posting this on my blog also holds me accountable to keep at it! So now that I'm starting to get back into it, let's jam! But only using notes b, c, d, e, f, g. I'm still re-learning. Patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment