Monday, November 15, 2010

Is there ever a polite way...

to tell someone you love they need to trim their nose, ear, knuckle or other sensitive hairs?

It's a delicate situation, especially since more times than not, that person is a little older and you fear hurting their feelings.
Case in point, Sunday night at my mom's house for a family dinner. I'm still not sure how it came up, but somehow the conversation turned from the weather, to my Nonno's (grandpa) bushy eyebrows*. And after some badgering, encouragement and then more badgering, he gave in and let my brother trim his brows. Fortunately, the end result turned out great, right Nonna?


*Please be advised my Nonno's eyebrows are NOT pictured above. That is a photo of Susan Boyle, who also has bushy eyebrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment