Thursday, January 6, 2011

THE Find of 2011

I don't know WHY ON EARTH this took me so long to discover, but alas, I'm hooked. Groupon. Easily the best thing since...velcro. Ya. THAT BIG.

It's the fastest growing online company, with over 150 markets serviced and over 44, 000 members from Victoria alone. And I'm the latest to join. And not only to join, but to spend. My first purchase was an $80 gift card I paid $40 for! Half off!! And it certainly doesn't end there. The website provides a daily Groupon, with savings from 50-90% of great local businesses.

Not gonna lie, I was skeptical at first. After all, how could businesses afford to offer such huge discounts. And then it hit me. There I was, new to the website, and I made my first purchase. And after confirming it was for real, I was sooo excited to check back for the next Groupon. I'm hooked. And that, my friends, is how they maintain their business.

I don't even wear glasses, but I may very well buy a Groupon for an eye place...how can you say no to those kinds of savings?!?

Oh crap...

2 comments:

  1. Hey!
    So I heard you talking about groupon today so here I am tracking it down-becasue I could not remember the name of it- interesting site. While I am a sucker for a good deal, I need to try to avoid the things I don't need....a lip pump sounds interesting.....after you hear Dr. Oz's opinion about the different techniques and which is good and which is bad. At the end, I could not figure it out, so perhaps my skinny lips will stay skinny. Hope someone gets joy out of a good lip pump!

    Happy day to you,
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I'm exactly the same! Simplify, simplify, simplify! Yes, it's a "good deal", but if it's not something you're getting done already, you're spending more money than you would otherwise.

    Skinny lips unite!!
    Brittany

    ReplyDelete