Friday, January 7, 2011

I'm in the process of writing a "FOR SALE" ad for my boyfriend's house in Alberta. He's trying to sell it so he can move out to Victoria and join me in paradise. That's great news. The sad news is the actual selling of the house. I do want it to sell, and I know it's what needs to be done, but it's still an emotional thing.

(NOTE: the above picture is not us. We don't have kids. That I'm aware of.)

As I sit here recounting all the amazing features to include in the ad, it's a total trip down memory lane and I'm sad at the idea of seeing this house sell. I lived there for 2 years myself, and as a couple we made a lot of wonderful memories. Plus all the family and friends who came over to enjoy it with us.

When writing about the sundecks, I think of all our summer BBQ's we had, talking about the garden makes me remember the first year I planted a veggie garden and had an overabundance of zucchinis I had to pawn off to co-workers, then there's the kitchen where I burnt many a meal, and everything in between.

Also, to be honest, the idea of having anyone else live there really doesn't sit well with me. I don't want them changing anything about the house or making memories where we once did.

So how's this for an ad...

"Beautiful home on the river for sale. But you can’t change anything about it and don’t even think about loving it as much as we do, because you never will. Do not have fun in this house. Buyer must also leave at any given time, whenever we want to come back for a visit."

That being said, are you interested??

1 comment: