Monday, June 25, 2012

You know when you're in your car, and just as you get to your destination, your FAVORITE (older) song comes on the radio? But you've already gotten to where you need to go...so what do you do? It's your FAVORITE song, and it's a bit older so it's not like you hear it all that often on the radio anymore. So...you sit in your car, parked in the stall, or you drive around an extra few blocks just so you can listen to the song in its entirety.

At least I do.

What song does that for you?

For me, it's "Mr. Jones" by Counting Crows. I will fully be late for an appointment just so I can hear that song from start to finish. And yes, I have an iPod, and of course it's on my iPod (3 versions, in fact), but there's something extra special about hearing it on the radio. As if it were meant to be.


On a different note, I'm super shy about public singing. I wish I weren't. I wish I were that person who visibly rocks out in their car, alone, and doesn't care who sees or what they think. But I kind of do. I'm better than I used to be about it, but I still get shy.

Which sucks because going for drives and singing in my car is my third favorite pastime. Sooo...I used to hold up my cell phone to my ear and pretend as if I were talking to someone, but really I was singing along to Mr. Jones, or something equally as awesome. Now I can't do that, what with the new cell phone rules.

I've gotten really good at ventriloquism, though ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment